Everything You Need to Know About Dermal Fillers
When it comes to the world of medical spa treatments, we are discussing a completely unique branch of aesthetic medicine. While the world of cosmetic medicine has certainly expanded and reached new record heights in recent years, its important to understand that industry of aesthetic medicine is broken down into two specific categories – plastic surgery or far more invasive, (mainly) surgical treatments, and the world of noninvasive or minimally invasive procedures, that require far less invasive measures and rarely any downtime. As a proponent of the minimally invasive side, and a fillers specialist Dr. Shaker Hamadiya, the owner and doctor of Miami Wellness & Aesthetics, the best medical spa Miami Beach has to offer, some of the most popular treatments when it comes to minimally invasive measures include injectables like dermal fillers near me and Botox. While Botox has the bigger, name of late, when it comes to dermal fillers near me, more and more patients, both men and women are looking to have these injectables performed on them. As they offer a versatile mechanism for a variety of different skincare issues and concerns, most well-known of which includes the treatment of wrinkles, fine lines, and facial volume loss – often as a result of aging. Despite how popular and how effective these treatments are however, according to the owner of the best medical spa Miami Beach has around, Miami Wellness, Dr. Shaker Hamadiya, believes that patients know far too little about the procedure that they are having done, even seconds before receiving their first injection, they may not even know what the active ingredient being injected inside them is! Therefore, in order to help educate the masses, in this article, we will go over some of the most important facts to know about dermal filler injectables.
Injectable dermal fillers are gel-like substances that are injected underneath your skin to change its appearance. They’re a popular and minimally invasive treatment for wrinkles. According to the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, and fillers specialist Dr. Hamadiya, over 1 million people get dermal filler injectables every year.In fact when it comes to lip fillers Miami residents are some of the largest consumers, and something many Miami patients may not have known is that lip fillers use the same exact dermal fillers that we do for wrinkles, as they both fill up and volumize. As you age, skin that sags or wrinkles can be caused by loss of fat and proteins in the skin layer. Injectables can’t permanently replace lost fat and proteins, but they can mimic your skin’s original structure.Unlike Botox treatments, which relax your muscles to minimize the appearance of wrinkles, dermal fillers are known for plumping up, adding volume or fullness, and smoothing your skin.
Types of Dermal Filler Injectables
When it comes to dermal fillers, its important to understand that there are a number of different types out there. The most popular fillers near me have got to be Hyaluronic acid-based fillers, like Juvéderm or Restylane, as HA is a naturally occurring compound with a plethora of skincare benefits to offer.
· Hyaluronic Acid Fillers – Hyaluronic acid is already naturally produced by your skin. You may recognize the ingredient from cosmetics that claim to plump and hydrate your skin.Hyaluronic acid fillers are gel-like, and results can last 6 to 12 months. As a result when it comes to lip fillers Miami residents strongly prefer to use HA based fillers like Juvéderm or Restylane for their lips. These fillers tend to be a bit more expensive than collagen. Common brands are Belotero, Juvéderm & Restylane.
· Calcium Hydroxylapatite Fillers – This type of calcium is found in your bones. It’s a mineral-like compound that’s soft like a gel, and it doesn’t require any animal products to be created, making it vegan-friendly. This is one of the longer-lasting types of injectables, with a life span of 9 to 15 months. The most common brand is Radiesse.
· Collagen Stimulating Fillers – Polylactic acid is a type of filler that dissolves after just a day or two. Instead of staying put underneath your skin, Poly-L-lactic acid is meant to stimulate natural collagen production in your body.Poly-L-lactic acid is the same ingredient that encourages healing in dissolvable stitches used after surgery. Although this ingredient is biodegradable, it’s still a synthetic ingredient. A common brand is Sculptra.
What Do Dermal Fillers Treat?
One of the reasons they are so popular is because of the fact that they are so versatile and can treat so many different types of skincare issues and conditions. Some of the most common areas treated through dermal fillers include:
· Deep Wrinkles & Fine Lines
· Overall Facial Volume Loss
· Under-Eye Area Issues
· Nasolabial Folds & Smile Lines
· Forehead & Crows Feet
· Chin & Neck
And much more. whether you are in need of treating wrinkles along your forehead or your chin, or in need of lip fillers Miami fillers specialist Dr. Shaker Hamadiya recommends you ask about the use of dermal fillers. For more information on dermal fillers and more, be sure to contact Dr. Hamadiya today.