Are you having trouble getting rid of that unsightly, unwanted, double-chin? Well then, Kybella® might be right for you! Kybella® has quickly become the most popular non-surgical procedures to treat submental chin and neck fat, known as a “double-chin”. For those patients looking for a non-surgical means of getting rid of loose, hanging, submental fat, schedule a consultation for Kybella® today.
What is Kybella®?
Kybella® is a non-surgical injectable treatment, meant to eliminate fat cells below the chin. Alleviating submental fat and that dreaded double-chin. The main issue with a double chin is that it is highly resistant to diet or exercise, and often one of the most difficult areas to target for fat loss, or contouring. Therefore Kybella® can be your best option to improve your facial profile and eliminate unwanted chin fat.
How does Kybella® work?
During your consultation we will determine if you are a good candidate for chin and neck correction using Kybella®. The procedure is fairly straightforward, our on-site physician will first mark off the proper treatment spots for the injection and then proceed to administer the Kybella® solution. Once it is injected, you may feel a slight burning or tingling sensation, this is fairly common and will likely pass within a few minutes.
The Kybella® solution contains acids identical to the deoxycholic acid present within the body. Deoxycholic acid is meant to both target and destroy fat cells. Kybella® acts in the same way, directing your fat cells to undergo “cellular death”, eliminating them completely. The fat cells, unable to proliferate and grow any longer, will eventually be flushed out of your body as waste.
Kybella® May Be Right for You if:
- You suffer from excess neck and chin fat, and diet & exercise simply do not work.
- You must be within a healthy weight, and Body Mass Index (BMI) for your height and weight.
- You have proper skin laxity, without overly loose, hanging skin.
- You prefer a non-surgical, far less invasive means of losing your submental fat.
What to Expect from Kybella®?
Kybella® is the safest, minimally-invasive method of reducing submental chin fat, and alleviating patients of their double-chin.
Despite the relatively simple procedure, Kybella® does require some minor downtime for recovery. The procedure can be completed in 30 minutes to an hour, depending upon the level of correction necessary, as well as the patient’s desired results.
Some patients will experience light swelling and possibly bruising at or around the chin and neck area. Although this might be a bit more common for some, swelling will generally alleviate within a few days at the latest.
We recommend patients:
- Stay Well Hydrated, before and after the procedure.
- Avoid salt and alcohol, before and after the procedure, as this can increase the chances of swelling and bruising.
- Be sure to apply ice or an ice pack directly to the area for the first few hours following the procedure, in order to alleviate swelling/bruising.
- Take a few days (1-3) off from work or other daily responsibilities.
For more information on Kybella®, contact Miami Wellness & Aesthetics today.